Friday, August 17, 2012

Our new normal

Let's just start out by saying that I've never done this before.  However, with so many proud grandparents begging for details and pictures, we should probably try!

How our lives have changed over the past few months...

I found out last October that I was pregnant for the first time, after only trying for 4 months!  Nick and I found ourselves extremely blessed for how easy it was to become pregnant once we decided that it was time to add to our little family.  We found out at ~ 3:30 am when I took a pregnancy test... because everyone takes the test in the middle of the night?

I had a fairly uneventful pregnancy, which I was grateful for.  I work in the NICU and was a little anxious the entire time.  The worst I had was 1st trimester nausea, a back ache, and heartburn.


Sucking his thumb in the 20 week ultrasound!
I loved my epidural!  Ready to meet Mr. Owen!
Owen came into our world on 6/13/2012 at 5:36 pm, just a touch late at 40 weeks and 2 days, but this is right on time since he is a "Gnadt."  He was a little peanut then (and still is) at 6 lbs 7 oz and 20 inches. 

Our "new" family!
Proud Grandpa John!
Grandma Char!  Is she crying in this picture?
Uncle Aaron, already waiting until he can buy him that skateboard!
Grandma Kathy!  So happy!
Grandpa Bob- He loves to hold his grandsons!
Aunt Bridget and Cousin Michael!  Great job holding him, Michael!
Since then, life has been a big adjustment.  Amos, the cat, is none too pleased.

Amos- not amused!
Nick went back to work after 2 weeks, but we have had a lot of help from Grandma Char.  We have had many playdates!  The Twieg boys, Nolan and Baden, are gestationally the same age as Owen.  And BFF Mason is only 6 weeks older!
Baden, Owen, and Nolan.


Mason and Owen. 


Owen is a great baby.  We call him anti-colic.  He rarely cries.  He loves to coo and smile.  At our last doctor's appointment, Dr. George asked if I could tell his cries apart.  I had to tell him that I couldn't because he doesn't cry very much.  He is a good sleeper, too.  He is only getting up one time every night, and he has even given mom some 7 hour stretches!

1 month old!  8 lbs 7 oz. 
Baptism Day- with Godmother Bridget and Godfather Mark!

2 months old!  10 lbs 2 oz. 

So happy!
Mom dressed me in this little ducky outfit... Imagine what she would do if I was a girl...
My goal will be to update this once a week with pictures and new stories about our adventures!

Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment