Monday, October 1, 2012

The Stomach Flu

This week was awful in our house!

On Monday night, I thought I just had a tummy ache and did not take care of myself (stayed up to watch that awful Packer game, ate chocolate raspberry popsicle).  At 0130, I was up puking into the bowl I had gotten out!  At 0415, Owen was starting to move around, and I still felt like garbage.  So Nick got up to thaw some milk for Owen.  I had to pump, so I got up to gather my supplies... and threw up all over the kitchen.  Tuesday was a long day!  Nick stayed home, and I called in sick and spent the day napping on the couch.  Nick took care of Owen.  All I had to do was feed him.  By Owen's bedtime, I was feeling better and had even kept some rice down!  How did I repay Nick for being such a great guy?   I gave him the stomach flu!  Wednesday was Nick's turn to call in sick and spend the day on the couch.  Luckily, we didn't give it to Owen!  Let me just say that the stomach flu is hard work with a three month old! 

I am thankful that Nick was so willing to pick up my slack!  This week was hard, but having such a great husband made it a lot easier!  Owen and I are lucky people! 

Oh... did I mention that Owen rolled both directions (tummy to back and back to tummy) on Monday night.  Did I get a chance to video tape it... nope!  And he hasn't done it since...

Okay... here are your pictures!

Hanging out with Aunt Bridget!

All bundled up!

Michael is getting so big!


Always asleep!

Practicing sitting!

Sucking his thumb!

This was right before he rolled across the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment